Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Our semi-organic Thanksgiving feast

For Thanksgiving my family met up at my aunt and uncle's in Berkeley, CA. We incorporated organic, free-range turkey and organic sparkling cider into our feast this year. It seems like urban areas always tend to focus a little more on sustainability and organics than suburban areas. My aunt took us to Berkeley Bowl West. It is a supermarket that has aisles and aisles of organic produce and products. It was really incredible and the organic section had to be like ten times bigger than, say a Safeway organic section. If you ever get a chance to visit the bay area, I definitely recommend a visit. Switching to organic doesn't have to happen all at once, but I think it's important to remember each decision we make when selecting products helps stores and companies determine what we want on their shelves and at what price. I truly believe that each little step we take keeps the world (and our bodies) happy and healthy.



Thanks for reading. -Rachel








No comments:

Post a Comment